Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it

+8
qu|kZ
Vp2008
aimnfire
XinAI
mambbo
Hydriz
duckben
clearwater87
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it Empty Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it

Post  clearwater87 September 16th 2007, 11:02 am

Hey i thought it would be interesting if we could all just take time to learn or experiment with this pod flying technique. Im not sure if u guys are already aware of it but il just share it anyway.

this technique allows u to travel(while podding down) to a distance AWAY from the squad beacon. A squad beacon placed beside a building ( with no over roof obstruction) allows members to pod down NEAR a building. Heres the catch.

While podding down, have ur back facing the direction u want to travel in, swirl ur mouse quickly to the left than right immdiately. Each repetition of this action brings u a distance AWAY from the beacon. If u do that fast and intime before u reach the ground, u might very well land on top of a building, or even land right in ur nasty enemy territory. haha anyway for more info on how to do.. anyone interested do ask hydriza or me ingame.

just imagine a whole team on the top of the building, say in a vehicle map? like belgrade or belin. A bunch of pilums users on top of a building would definitely prove to be hideous and invincible.
infantry map? a bunch of snipers and a supple crate is all u need. haha keep experimenting!
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2007-08-18

https://clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it Empty Re: Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it

Post  duckben September 16th 2007, 11:16 am

Hi all,

Thx clearwater87 for this thread. U said we sld interact more in the forum so i think this sld help.
I tried the podfly techique but it landed me inside the building and i had to sucide haha. Sad Maybe u cld demostrate during future lan sessions.

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it Empty Re: Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it

Post  Hydriz September 16th 2007, 1:06 pm

w00t. Did you just said lan sessions? LOL. Time to think of a place where we can all meet up and chill around. Then probably go for some coffee before heading to a lan shop to play. =)
Hydriz
Hydriz
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 16th 2007, 1:48 pm

Hi all,

Yep clearwater87 mentioned that we sld have LAN training sessions if we were to enter competitions next year. Hoping to meet u guys soon as well.
In case anyone is planning any session, Des7.ny, mambbo and i won't be free 26Sep - 10Oct as we would be in Aus for live firing. After that we sld be damn free. Very Happy

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 16th 2007, 2:32 pm

ahh ic ns commitments haha.. ok we'll take note of that.. we shall organise a gathering probably in late nov or dec.. we gota plan wad to do and stuff haha
like wad hydriza said we need to find a lanshop that we can call homebase to. it'll be our training ground. any suggestions? i have one in mind.. e2max either the one at cine or the cathay.-- quality coms, nice gaming atmosphere.
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  mambbo September 16th 2007, 2:52 pm

Maybe we centralise the training area so that everybody are able to access conveniently (like Parklane area??). If we are going to join competition, it's the best that we train every weekends. By the way, when is the competition???

mambbo

Male Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  XinAI September 16th 2007, 3:27 pm

i am just suprised at the number of melvin in this clan lolx..gene..godlike sia

XinAI
Co-Leader

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  aimnfire September 16th 2007, 6:48 pm

im still thinkin if this goosefly thingy is so called 'legal'.

imagine during competition, we do this during the game. poof. reputation as cheaters goes up. gone case.

wonder if JEDI and Bf.Nut ppl know abt this little 'trick'.
aimnfire
aimnfire
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 18th 2007, 7:39 am

to be exact.. this goosefly thing is legal.. but yet illegal..
i've leran from bf.nut forum that this technique is legal in tounament.. but heres the twist. apparently, u can use the technique to fly no more than a distance off 50m(i think) from the squad beacon.. any podflying of a distance more than that and it wld be considered an illegal move.. and penalties wil set in.

dont worry so much abt this problem.. shld we compete in tounaments, ill be sure to check out the rules and regulation regarding certain techniques during gameplay.
and by the way.. jedi and bf.nut are defnintely aware abt this technique. i was first introduced to this werid action when i visited the WCG at suntec during august, when i saw members of clan MBT using the techique during the match against JEDI team 2.

members of jedi team 2 were stunned and there was certainly a small protest or commotion at the scene. but the game marshals (stunned too) didint really do anything abt it. after that when i visited bfnut forum.. i read up somewhere that it was deemed legal.. and the rule was bounded by the distance only.
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Vp2008 September 18th 2007, 1:55 pm

hi this is Vp2008 for DA

the podflying thing is indeed illegal

to post this massage out here is what Lime wrote on Fragnetics Forums

Lime wrote:Hi all,

As some of you might not check the Rules & Regulations thread for updates, this is a reminder to all players that a new ruling regarding pod flying has been put in place.

Pod Flying
- All game modes: Spawn Beacon pod may not land further than 50m from the beacon. (As it is difficult to determine the actual distance, you are advised not to pod fly at all; or limit yourself to under 25m to be safe.)
- All game modes: APC pods may not be manipulated to keep flying beyond its normal time span.
- Titan mode: Titan pods may not be manipulated to keep flying beyond its normal time span.
- Upon encountering players unfairly abusing the pod flying ability in the game, players should report it on Fragnetics forum with screenshots and video evidence immediately.
- Fragnetics Administrators will issue a warning on the first offence, a kick on the second offence, followed by a permanent ban on the third offence.

Some of you might not know what 50m look/feels like in the game... here are 2 screenshots to help sort that out. In both cases, standing position -> flag is 51m as indicated by the 3D map.

Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it Screen011
Goosefly or podfly or watever u call it Screen012

Thank you for your attention Smile

Vp2008

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 11:16 am

Hi Vp2008,

Thx for the information and screenshots. 50m looks very far away i don't think i ever flew that far before. Probably only 10m haha Very Happy
Lets go ==[]===> some time.

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  aimnfire September 20th 2007, 12:49 pm

heh. yea. thx for the infomation.

50m eh. hehe. Twisted Evil
aimnfire
aimnfire
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  qu|kZ September 20th 2007, 1:11 pm

aimnfire wrote:im still thinkin if this goosefly thingy is so called 'legal'.

imagine during competition, we do this during the game. poof. reputation as cheaters goes up. gone case.

wonder if JEDI and Bf.Nut ppl know abt this little 'trick'.

We knew about podflying when it came about when we were about to head up to Taiwan, Taipei for the BF2142 Asia Pacific tournament last year then through the Australian team which was known as aK^ then. Then in Taiwan, that's where the EA Officials said that podflying was illegal and that nobody is to do it, otherwise there'll be a team disqualification.

clearwater87 wrote:to be exact.. this goosefly thing is legal.. but yet illegal..
i've leran from bf.nut forum that this technique is legal in tounament.. but heres the twist. apparently, u can use the technique to fly no more than a distance off 50m(i think) from the squad beacon.. any podflying of a distance more than that and it wld be considered an illegal move.. and penalties wil set in.

dont worry so much abt this problem.. shld we compete in tounaments, ill be sure to check out the rules and regulation regarding certain techniques during gameplay.
and by the way.. jedi and bf.nut are defnintely aware abt this technique. i was first introduced to this werid action when i visited the WCG at suntec during august, when i saw members of clan MBT using the techique during the match against JEDI team 2.

members of jedi team 2 were stunned and there was certainly a small protest or commotion at the scene. but the game marshals (stunned too) didint really do anything abt it. after that when i visited bfnut forum.. i read up somewhere that it was deemed legal.. and the rule was bounded by the distance only.

Mmm, which part of our forums did you read about podflying being legit in tournaments? Suspect
qu|kZ
qu|kZ

Male Number of posts : 26

http://bfnut.sg/

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 20th 2007, 2:00 pm

heya
i read it from Lime's post on this issue.. its the same article ( with quote ) that vp2008 has posted on this very thread. it seems legal.. but its legality is like somehow bounded and based on distance

and also, when i went to see u guys in action at GXL suntec this august.. i saw MBT did it in the match against JEDI..
im nt sure if it was declared illegal but the game marshallers themselves on that day seem uncertain too.. i noticed that after the reporting of the ingame incident.. the marshallers did look on but did not disqualify any pple from the MBT and i believe the situation was not really solved.. i duno but mayb ill have to ask JEDI team 2 on wad happened after that.. and yea that was in GXL

so legal? or not?
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 2:30 pm

Hi all,

All this information about podfly but does it really work? I mean has anyone flew more than 50m before? I try and try but at most only 10m or maybe 15m only. Maybe i done it wrongly. Anyone has a vid of a successful 50m podfly?

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Vp2008 September 20th 2007, 2:32 pm

i flyed more then 100m before lol

Vp2008

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 2:37 pm

Hi all,

Vp2008 wrote:i flyed more then 100m before lol

@#%!@$!#@!
Does the speed at which u move your mouse left and right affect the distance?

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Vp2008 September 20th 2007, 2:42 pm

just keep moving you mouse left and right like crazy

can fly very far

or you lazy go settings go to the vehicle tab and change the sensitivity to 8 to 10

and you shake a little can move very far

i went so far out the map area the buildings got no texture lol

Vp2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 20th 2007, 2:54 pm

haha. 3 melvins in a very small world. u were from sr right? canoe captain? i was from vball last time.
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 20th 2007, 2:57 pm

not all of us may be able to afford the LAN training sessions weekly. although indeed effective, in the long run it can be quite taxing on the pockets. very happy to see other clan members interacting in our forum. eventually our goal is to establish a strong base for BF in SG.

ps: thx qu1kz for the proposal of the friendly.
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post  Hydriz September 20th 2007, 4:45 pm

Omg. And i love to fly 200m away from the pod =(
Hydriz
Hydriz
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  XwatX September 20th 2007, 6:39 pm

Hydriz wrote:Omg. And i love to fly 200m away from the pod =(

Lols. So far I tried only about 20-30metres is my best though.
Guess the sensitivity does matter?

I'm already moving my mouse hell fast already. Hahas.
XwatX
XwatX
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  qu|kZ September 21st 2007, 12:33 am

clearwater87 wrote:heya
i read it from Lime's post on this issue.. its the same article ( with quote ) that vp2008 has posted on this very thread. it seems legal.. but its legality is like somehow bounded and based on distance

and also, when i went to see u guys in action at GXL suntec this august.. i saw MBT did it in the match against JEDI..
im nt sure if it was declared illegal but the game marshallers themselves on that day seem uncertain too.. i noticed that after the reporting of the ingame incident.. the marshallers did look on but did not disqualify any pple from the MBT and i believe the situation was not really solved.. i duno but mayb ill have to ask JEDI team 2 on wad happened after that.. and yea that was in GXL

so legal? or not?

MBT 1 was disqualified by the Head Marshal after that match with [JEDI] Empire.

In local tournaments, definitely.

Different countries has their own rules & policy about podflying in their servers. So as to be safe, just don't even steer your pod around when you pod down Smile
qu|kZ
qu|kZ

Male Number of posts : 26

http://bfnut.sg/

Back to top Go down

Post  noobishcake September 21st 2007, 1:21 pm

prefreably a high sensitivity mouse and wide sweeping actions to the left and right and you should be flying more then a 100m. but easg only allows 50m but why would you wanna podfly so far for unless the beacon is really far away from a flag you want to get to.
noobishcake
noobishcake

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-09-21

http://www.clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 21st 2007, 2:00 pm

Hi all,

Well you cld do it to get away from people camping at the beacon or simple to travel the free distance instead of having to run/sprint. Or just do it for fun Very Happy

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next