Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we did during the gathering (20 Oct)

2 posters

Go down

What we did during the gathering (20 Oct) Empty What we did during the gathering (20 Oct)

Post  clearwater87 October 21st 2007, 1:24 pm

For those who missed out on Sat's gathering, heres wad we did..

We met at Cafe Cartel in the afternoon. While eating, we had a quick member introduction , followed by some discussion on the local battlefield scene and community. We had gameplay discussions...shared and suggested strategies, ideas and tactics among ourselves.

We also discussed about the clan's future.. that is to consider a shift to another game in the near future. If the response is good, perhaps we can shift to some new game as a whole ( the maximum amount of pple who are willing to that is). This is due to the lack of competitions and battlefield events. As u might have known by now, bf2142 was not one of the selected games for GXL season2.. and crossborder competitions (Malaysia) have disallowed foreign teams from participating ( CEL games ).

However, we will not abandon bf2142.. it will still be played by all. Just that,it is better to start transiting into a new game quickly, or the sooner the better so that all gamers will start on an even ground. From then on, we can train together under the same clan.. and hopefully attain a certain standard of playing.. to go fully competitive in that new game. Other clans, like Bf.nut and the JEDIs are also considering transiting to another game. There are many new games to transit into.. for example.. Enemy Territories: Quake Wars ( it was selected for GXL season2), TF2, or COD4. From what i can see, the gaming community highly anticipate the release of COD4 in early Nov.. and i believe it might be the chosen game of various clans. Nevertheless nothing is really confirmed yet.. so we 'll have to see about it.

Also, we touched on upcoming events. I think many shld have known by now that on this coming 17th Nov, qu|kz (leader of bf.nut) is organising a Battlefield Bootcamp.. most probably on LAN. The event is still at its planning stages.. nothing is confirmed yet.. the decision to really hold the event includes factors like the response from the local bf community, the number of teams participating and stuff like that. Similar invitations have been sent to JEDI, and DA. We will particpate in this event, and i hope the response from u guys would be good. I need to see who is interested asap.. so please do let mi know asap. My ideal situation would be that EVERYONE from SgAF will go down.. to have a chance to mingle with the local bf community. There are many events to participate during the Boot Camp.. so im very sure everyone would get a chance to play. More details would be released at a further date.

Following this 2 hr long session, we headed to E2MAX @ The Cathay for a 3hr long LAN session. It was crazy, we had mad knifing and all sorts of weird play. Somehow in the middle of the LAN session, we got pretty serious into some training. Well i intended our first LAN session to be one where we play and get to know each others style of play... but somehow we did went training style...which was also perfectly fine to me.
Pleasure to have crazycows aka gstcommando with us, who came down to join us for LAN too.

The LAN session was fun throughout, a mixture of seriousness and laughter at different times.. and i thought it was a great meetup session.
And yes the day came to an end at around 830pm, where we all dispersed from The Cathay itself.

So yup, that was more or less the events that made the day for our gathering. cheers
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2007-08-18

https://clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What we did during the gathering (20 Oct) Empty Re: What we did during the gathering (20 Oct)

Post  qu|kZ October 21st 2007, 2:53 pm

Do take note in regards to the BF Boot Camp,

The date and time for the event will be confirmed probably by this week or so once i've another discussion with the leaders/representatives from DA, SgAF and JEDI.
qu|kZ
qu|kZ

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-09-18

http://bfnut.sg/

Back to top Go down