Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Competition next year?

+11
Hydriz
crazycows
justawonderkid
noobishcake
Vp2008
sumako
aimnfire
duckben
clearwater87
XwatX
Des7.ny
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Competition next year? Empty Competition next year?

Post  Des7.ny September 14th 2007, 4:57 pm

anybody keen on joining next yr?
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Competition next year? Empty Re: Competition next year?

Post  XwatX September 16th 2007, 7:49 am

Actually fine with that. But definately need more training. =) hahas.
XwatX
XwatX
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 16th 2007, 10:00 am

well yes actually we're working on that. i hope we can really get to know each other well first, each others style of playing, each others strength and weakness first.
Even after that, we have alot more to do before i think we can be deemed fit for competition. Here are a couple of basic things i think we need to do before we embark on that mission.
1) we really need to meet up personally one day.. get to know each other
2) we need to come up with a regular training programme, prefebably on lan, on a weekly basis.

we need to pit ourselves against one another on lan.. and learn the intricate skills needed during gameplay for commander position, squad leader and even sqaud member. we also have to master the competition map, which i think is cerebre landing(only i think). enough of all the needs yea? haha theres an aweful lot of obstacle there yeah.

but anyway, i have not ruled out the idea of competing locally.. and to be exact we're actually working towards it. cum this nov, we have almost 3/4 members of SgAF ORD, and yea thats the time we can train on lan.. and find the time for all those meetings and stuff. hopefully the holidays will give time to the other members who arent in army.

definitely, i hope to assemble a team, or mayb even 2 teams( of 8 ) for competition next yr, probably from some humble competitons to GXL. and thats all by the end of this year! so we have alot to work on. anyway, hope alll u guys wld give mi all the support u guys can.. haha and may we really realise our goals in the near future. if we work on well this nov or dec.. im actually even considering getting clan shirts for all of us.
enuff said, we'll just see how it goes. we'll just have to follow the engineers motto - advance and overcome!

it wld help alittle if we all get more active in this forum. =) do feel free to post suggestions, ideas and plans.
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2007-08-18

https://clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 16th 2007, 10:30 am

Hi all,

I agree that we certainly need more training coz there are 2 or maybe more better clans out there namely JEDI and Bf.Nut. There was 1 game in which the squad consisting of 4 JEDIs won our squad of 5 SgAFs by almost 30 points.
Training and knowing each other is important, but maybe recruitment as well? With more members we can have more versatile teams with a variety of invididual talents and skills.
Last point, sidetrack from this topic is, maybe we can create another topic under General Discussion for just daily-talk-cock sessions. Just a suggestion. Very Happy

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Male Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 16th 2007, 2:29 pm

indeed. yea im working on the recruitment portion too. infact actually.. i wldnt want to put the recruitment status as open.. its just allows a flood of pple in..
im stil thinking abt it but by now.. im just accepting good old active players..
working towards competition-- we cant really accept any player without the minimum required standard. it wldnt be nice to accept them, only to bench them out of the competitive team during compy
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 16th 2007, 5:05 pm

we'll definitely have to meet up one day to get to know each other more if we intend to join the competitions. all about teamwork. the only bad thing abt online training is that not all may get slots in game as all of us know how crowded EASG is @ night. and the VIPs also. lan training must also take into consideration the size of our pockets. so we'll have to balance it up i guess.
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 16th 2007, 5:07 pm

maybe the senior members can help to shortlist some good players on the net. afterall we need quite alot of people if we are considering training.
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  aimnfire September 16th 2007, 6:42 pm

hold ur horses ppl. we haven even establish our team A & B yet. not saying that we are gonna put all the good eggs in 1 basket. each team shld be well balanced in skill, leadership n etc.

we also need ppl in each team that are familar with a certain kit. u know, like assults, recons, eng & suppot. the different combis of kits n stuff.

any recommendations?
aimnfire
aimnfire
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 18th 2007, 7:21 am

yup indeed we haven establish our teams yet. but heres a few pointers to note.
i do have some considerations at hand.

1) firstly, we need to have a bigger pool of talent to select the best from. that means we hav to beef up recruitment and be sure that those who join us wld be active in training, competent and serious abt competing in tournaments.

2) secondly, i hope u guys dont have the idea YET that we'll be sending more than one team for competitions. infact, im actually thinking of assembling 1 elite team of 8.. a real elite squad to compete. This is especially important to us as we are new to competiton, and we wil be pit against clans which have much more tournament experience than us. just for ur info bf.nut and jedi have been in the competing scene for a couple of years.. since the game bf2. so we really have no time to waste.. and we definintely cant afford to split our top talents into 2 teams or more.

Its all abt assembling a critically-able team to compete first.. to go on and achieve something and essentially, lift the clan off its feet FIRST. It is the spark that we need for a new clan.

it is from than on that we look into our talent pool again.. and see if we can really form another team that looks certain to compete. Having already an established team.. we can therefore pit our senior team and junior team.. and observe how the junior team is likely to fare in competition.
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  clearwater87 September 18th 2007, 7:27 am

i undertand that this topic has sparked off interest in many members of SgAF and frankly speaking.. im pretty happy that the enthusiasm here has been pretty good.. the concern and interest are there.. and many of us aspire to compete professionally .

however, we cannot rush into certain things.. u guys have to understand that some of you may not selected for the elite team set-up. should we setup and send only a team..i hope u guys out there wld understand my situation.. i wld selected the best few players..with reasons of course

and whether or not u guys get the chance to compete.. i hope that no matter what the outcome of the decision, u guys wld give the best support u can to ur fellow clanmates who have been selected for the elite team. its definitely not my intention to bench players but if the situation looks uncertain and tight.. i believe one team is all we can afford. Eight elite players is all we can have for now.

Hope u guys give mi ur fullest support. Be active.. play more! Good luck to all of you!
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 10:57 am

Hi all,

Whoa just came back from exercise suddenly the forum more happening liao. Very Happy I think our clan is getting off to a good start coz more people know about us. Really looking forward to upcoming 2142 competitions. Can gain experience and also meet other clan members as well.

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 11:01 am

Hi all,

I think sending an elite team is the best option for now. I agree with clearwater87 we sld not split up the elite team and reduce our chances of winning competitions. But if we do send an extra team i think it would be good as well coz more people can have the experience of competition gameplay which i think sld be very different from our usual gameplay.
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  sumako September 20th 2007, 11:31 am

we should start having training session in lan shop every weekend from now if we want to join the competition. we are running out of time Sad
sumako
sumako
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  aimnfire September 20th 2007, 12:47 pm

haha. most of the clan members are still in NS. might not have enuff time to train together, mayb only on weekends. but for a start. mayb 1 meet & play lan session shld be organised 1st, where we all get to know each other. cheers
aimnfire
aimnfire
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 20th 2007, 2:24 pm

Hi all,

Maybe not every weekend la. Still got the $$$ factor. Furthermore after NS we won't have income unless we get a job.

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 20th 2007, 3:03 pm

i realised that most of our members are playing assualt except for a handful. i'm intending to switch over to engineer/support when the whole team picture comes into play. so maybe all of us can focus on the objective and work towards it by naming their preferred and best kit.
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 21st 2007, 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I like the BJ-2 Combat Knife LOL. ALL HAIL BJ-2 COMBAT KNIFE. cheers
I wonder if they do knifing in competitions.
Yea i think we sld start using other kits other than assault liao. Must train other kits Very Happy

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Des7.ny September 21st 2007, 2:23 pm

it'll be tough to swap to engineer. still training in progress. provided other players allow me to help them also. if a team of 8, probably 2 recon,3assualt,2support and 1 engineer
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  XwatX September 22nd 2007, 7:52 pm

Seriously looking for towards our 1st lan training, if not gathering.
At least we get to know each other by our face, not just nicknames.

No doubt about us having to switch to using other kits, but I believe that everyone should at least be cross-trained in all kits. In case you would have to use them in certain circumstances.

Looking at our situation, with so many of us still in NS, I guess we've only our weekends to spare =(

Anyone planning a date already?
XwatX
XwatX
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Vp2008 September 23rd 2007, 3:51 am

GXL match will have only teir 2 unlocks

so stock guns only

so you need more then 1 engineer

Vp2008

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  noobishcake September 23rd 2007, 8:53 am

I LOVE KRYLOV =p pac stock gun owns.
noobishcake
noobishcake

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-09-21

http://www.clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  justawonderkid September 23rd 2007, 9:11 am

every kits are important and it's important to train yourself with every kits so as to use it efficiently.

justawonderkid

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 23rd 2007, 9:52 am

Hi all,

Tier 2 unlocks..... Krylov is ok but Scar? That rifle has recoil of Baur and damage of a pistol. Maybe not of a pistol, but its like much harder to use. Lets start using Scar Sad

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  crazycows September 23rd 2007, 11:17 am

scar is best for taking multiple enemies down within a clip and burst. krylov is kill one n run
crazycows
crazycows

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben September 23rd 2007, 1:20 pm

Hi all,

Why for Kylrov is kill 1 and run?

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next