Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Transition

5 posters

Go down

Game Transition Empty Game Transition

Post  clearwater87 November 11th 2007, 2:27 pm

Hey there to all members of SgAF,

Right im here to inform u guys that we will be transiting gradually to Call of Duty 4 (CoD4).. righttt BUT... we will not be giving up on bf2142. I think by now most of us have bought the game already, quite a significant number.. and therefore it would be absolutely great to see all u familair faces ingame.

The are a couple of reasons why we're transiting slowly to CoD4.

1) Recently, there has been quite a disappointing turn out of players in popular bf2142 servers, for eg EASG and Malaysian Community Server. I dont know for watever reason that is causing this, but all i can say is that the battlefield community is losing players at a much faster rate than i've expected, or mayb to be exact, faster than ALL of us have expected. But i guess its about time, all games have their start, pinnacle, and end, so yea lets be realistic this way eh?
Some reason that the fall in the number of bf2142 players were due to the exams period ( around now) , many focusing on their studies.. yea so only time will tell if the great fall in bf players can be attributed to this group of people.

2) Even before battlefield2142 lost its shine, many already knew at mind that at the later part of this year, many new games would come bursting out. Examples would be Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Crysis, COD4, TF:2.. and others more. Considering the number of games that were released, i think its no need for surprise that many gamers have left battlefield for more fun, exciting, even more state-of-the-art games. Of all the games, the more popular ones were picked by formal local bf2142 clans such as Bf.Nut, JEDI.. and as some of u who have COD4 might have seen, the COD4 servers are quite oftenly seen with substantial amount of bfnut n JEDI players in it. Hence, i think COD4 is the choice of many 2142 clans to transit to. One of the main reason we will be transiting into COD4 is the hope that we will have a second chance to compete locally as a clan. We've missed our first chance to really compete locally in bf2142 since we came in pretty late. Nothing is confirmed as yet, but i do really hope that COD4 will be picked for competitions in the future. This will give us an opportunity to compete in local tournaments, just exactly what we missed during the bf2142 era. BUTTT i repeat nothing is confirmed as yet.

So we're not forcing everyone in SgAF to get the game..hell no thats not the way haha but for those who would like to join the bulk of us who have transited, u are most welcomed. cheers
In doing so, i must say again we are not TOTALLY abandoning bf2142. Hell i still like the game.. have pretty live, excellent and vivid memories of the game. I believe many of u guys feel the same as i do.. haha so im not expecting u guys to really dump ur 2142 discs haha ( pleasee dont haha)

So together, lets welcome COD4 .. stay strong and united like we did in bf2142, and just basically, have all the fun we can have. There again we're new to COD4,so its gona be one hella of start!

In the upcoming months, do not be suprised if parts of the forum have been changed. We have plans to segregate the forum at certain parts, to cater seperately to threads regarding the 2 games we are rooting ourselves to.

If u guys have any suggestions or feedback, questions regarding the transition, do post here and lets share our views together!

Last edited by on December 1st 2007, 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
clearwater87
clearwater87
Clan Leader

Male Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2007-08-18

https://clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game Transition Empty Re: Game Transition

Post  Des7.ny November 11th 2007, 2:57 pm

HELL YEAH!!

I mean i'm sad that 2142 is losing steam alr and most of the players are alr playing the newer games. Well, i started off with BF2 and i really liked it and also 2142, will definitely remember the times we used to move together. Met alot of new friends as well. So albeit sad, but also happy at the same time. Just mixed feelings.

Will certainly train much more in COD4 cuz the COD veterans are alr pretty good at the game. Hope to see more of you guys in game soon!
Des7.ny
Des7.ny
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  duckben November 12th 2007, 1:23 am

Hi all,

ZzZz can't find CoD4 in jurong point.... Sad
Will need time to go elsewhere to find.

Cheers,
duckben
duckben
duckben

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Alethal November 12th 2007, 2:40 am

BF2142 is not totally gone. We still can have friendly scrims now-and-then. Even like yesterday during my clan training at E2Max, we still are able to have a lot of fun in the pub server when both clans have quite an amount of people in game. It's been long time since I have hell lot of fun in BF2142.

Hopefully we can have such experiences in future too, even though people are transiting to other games.

Cheers
Alethal
Alethal

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  noobishcake November 13th 2007, 12:42 am

haha i remember that. one side sgaf the other side jedi. we were getting our butts kicked though =p
noobishcake
noobishcake

Male Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2007-09-21

http://www.clansgaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down